Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Seven Things

For a change of pace, how about a prompt. Here's my list of 7 things that you should probably avoid saying to someone who was recently dumped:

1. A (perhaps)Well-Intentioned but Backwards-Worded Compliment: "Oh, don't worry... he was way too good for you anyway."

2. And, Another: "Eh, you guys would have had really ugly children anyway."

3. From the Loyal Friend: "He was acting distant? Oh, I totally know what you mean. The last couple times we went out he seemed like he had a lot on his mind. I'll ask him about it later tonight for you."

4. The Reject-Rebound: "He dumped you? Perfect! I was just dumped, too. Come over tonight and I'll let you shave my back and you can sample some home-made alligator jerky. Hope you don't mind scales."

5. The Sympathetic Shoulder: "Wow that sucks. So, since you're free... would you mind cat-sitting this weekend while the hubby and I renew our vows in Jamacia? We're so in love. Oh, there's Ben & Jerry's in the freezer for you."

6. Ulterior Motives?: "You seem to be having pretty bad luck. How about batting for the other team for awhile? I know a guy."

7. Unnecessary Bluntness: "Yeah, I could see that. You can be pretty needy and self-absorbed."


ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment